Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ready! Set! Road Trip!

Yep. It's that time of year again.  Summer is sneaking up on us and that can only mean one thing: It's time for a road trip.

Traditionally, I take a bus or a train for my road trip every summer.  This year will be a little different. I'll actually be on the road.  It's my first time driving long distance by myself so it's an adventure of some magnitude for me.  But the destination is familiar and I've taken the route before with family and friends.  I'm confident I can make it on my own.

I'm headed out to Colorado for a little Rocky Mountain high fix.  I have family there in the mountains and I try to get out there at least once a year to visit and get away from the real world for a week.  It's always good to see Mom, too.

I've been there many times before to visit family and to attend one of my favorite dance festivals of all time:  Elevation.  It's held in early spring in Golden Colorado and it is so much fun. 
The last time I was there (2007), I got to meet Rachel Brice and actually danced with her for a while backstage before our performance.  That is something I will not soon forget. I'm hoping to attend the festival again next year although probably not as a performer.

So that's my story.  I'll be out and about and hopefully there will be photographic evidence.  See you when I get back!

1 comment:

  1. It just excites me reading about this. You have adventures and stories, ahead, my dear! I can't wait to hear the details!

    ReplyDelete