Friday, April 22, 2011

Tax Time

It's finally spring here in the heartland.  I can tell because I have started getting invitations to Renn Faires and other bellydancing venues.  I enjoy going to watch my friends dance and I often bring my drum along so I can take part.  I've become a fairly good novice drummer.

Another way to tell that spring is here is by the number of orders I get.  Usually starting in late February, they start coming in.  Dancers all over are filling up their summer schedules and putting together new costumes for the season.  For new costumes, they need new pieces to add to their wardrobes.

I think it also helps that it's tax time and, I don't know about you, but when I get whatever refund I have coming, I tend to spend it on those things I don't normally buy during the year.  I remember the first year I started dancing.  I used my tax refund to buy the most exquisite antique textile hipscarf.   I took it home and added my own touches of cowrie shells and some brass bells for extra jingle.

Here's a picture showing my scarf in action.  I love that hipscarf and even though I'm not actively performing, I don't think I'll ever part with it.  I wear it to almost every performance.  It's become a part of me.  Just like the dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment